Monday 12 June 2017

CryptoCurrency Diary #2 : Diversification & HODLING

Wow can't believe I'm actually on schedule for a series (not really)

In my previous post, I had said that I would talk about an ICO I had invested in. The company is called Exscudo and the coins are called EON coins. I had invested nearly 5 dollars worth of BTC in the ICO and got 18.9 EON (0.9 was the early bird bonus). The ICO ended on 31st May, and at the end of it the devs had announced that they would give away a part of the unsold EON coins to the investors (for free).


Important Purchases:
  1. Bought 2045 DOGE at 48 satoshis and kept lending it on Poloniex.
  2. Bought 70 SiaCoin (SC) at 220 satoshis.
  3. Bought way too much DigiByte (DGB) at various prices.
  4. Bought around 30 Ripple (XRP) at 12.5 ksat and 17 ksat.
  5. Bought a lot Golem at 15 ksat and 14.5 ksat. 
Note: satoshis/sat refers to 0.00000001 BTC and ksat refers to 1000 satoshis/sat

In the previous month (May), I kept buying different low price coins coin Poloniex and Bittrex. I made an account on Bittrex due to speculations of Poloniex stealing people's coins and withdrawals taking too long. However, I still actively use Poloniex for lending and buying at dips, and this is how I would recommend using Poloniex. There was also rumors of crypto being a bubble when BTC quickly rose from 2100 USD to 2900 USD and quickly fell to 1500 USD, affecting other altcoins on its way down. It was during that time I decided to hodl my altcoins and further diversify.

Hodling is the crypto slang for holding onto something, in this case a cryptocurrency. Through hodling and diversifying I have seen really good profits, for example I had quadrupled on DGB, tripled on SC, and surprisingly doubled on DOGE.

Apart from those techniques, I have also been trying to buy coins at dips on Poloniex. This technique has given me smaller profits in BTC, but it goes against the principle of holding. Buying at dips refers to buying a cryptocurrency when its price falls considerably below its normal price and then later selling at its normal price. This method does involve the risk of the currency not going back to its normal price which may make you want to sell at a loss. Also, the profits received from this method are quite small, unless you invest larger sums of bitcoin.

No comments:

Post a Comment